New California alcohol training mandate! What should I do? Don’t worry we are here to help. Every person who sells or serves alcohol must go through an updated and certified Responsible Beverage Service (RBS) training provider. This mandate will become mandatory on July 1st, 2022. Here are the steps:
California RBS Portal Registration
- Go to the RBS Portal
- Click LOG IN / REGISTER Button
- Enter valid email
- Create Password
- Validate Password
- Enter Legal First and Last Name
- Click Register
Excellent, you’re done registering for the Official California RBS Portal, next:
- Go to your Email Account
- Find Registration email
- Click the link to login to RBS Portal: https://abcbiz.abc.ca.gov/
Congratulations! You are now registered and halfway through the process. Keep going! Next, is the server application.
California RBS Server Application
- Go to the RBS Portal
- Click the Login Button
- Enter your email and password used to create your account
- Select "Server Application"
- Fill out the server application completely
- Pay the $3.00 registration fee
- "Attest and Submit" the Server Application
- Navigate to "Server Dashboard"
Search for Serving Alcohol’s Training Course from RBS Portal
Ok, you’ve paid the 3 dollar state fee and are ready to look for a certified provider. We got you covered! Search for our certified Serving Alcohol Training course:
- From the "Server Dashboard"
- Go to Training Provider Search on the right side of the server dashboard
- Enter Serving Alcohol
- Select "Training Provider Information"
- Click on our California Responsible Beverage Service (RBS) Course
RBS Training Provider Portal
Serving Alcohol California Training Course
Take California RBS Certification Exam
Once you’ve completed Serving Alcohol’s training, you are now ready for California’s alcohol server certification exam. You must complete your course first, or the California ABC will not allow you to take the final exam.
- Log into the RBS Portal with your email and password created previously.
- Go to your Dashboard (top left)
- Click the "Take Exam" button
- Select English or Spanish
- Good luck! The exam is open notes and open book
- 70% is required to pass the exam. You have three attempts and 30 days to take the exam
**Please note: To unlock your RBS Exam on the ABC website, you must give the training provider your correct RBS Server ID.
There are two ways you can locate your server ID number. The first is through the message center (top right) via the RBS Portal.
To access the message, click on the envelope icon, the message will be titled Enrollment Registration Completed.
The second way you can view your Server ID number is on your "Dashboard"; it will be in the first box with your "Server Details."
Important California RBS Information
When registering on the California RBS website, please be sure to keep your legal name the same as when signing up for Serving Alcohol’s California Course.
Failing to do so may result in your certificate not being issued or delayed.
Serving Alcohol does not issue the final exam. The final exam must be taken inside the official California RBS portal after the completion of Serving Alcohol’s California RBS Training.
The exam must be taken within 30 days of completing our course. The RBS portal will not allow you to take the exam if you wait longer than 30 days. Please be aware, we do not have access to your final exam.
A certificate is not provided by California RBS or Serving Alcohol. Only confirmation the training has been completed. Your California RBS Server ID will be needed for employers to verify that you had been officially California RBS certified.