New California alcohol training mandate! What should I do? Don’t worry we are here to help. Every person who sells or serves alcohol must go through an updated and certified Responsible Beverage Service (RBS) training provider. This mandate will become mandatory on July 1st 2022. Here are the steps:
California RBS Portal Registration
- Go to the RBS Portal
- Click LOG IN / REGISTER Button
- Enter valid email
- Create Password
- Validate Password
- Enter Legal First and Last Name
- Click Register
Excellent, you’re done registering for the Official California RBS Portal, next:
- Go to your Email Account
- Find Registration email
- Click link to login into RBS Portal
Congratulations! You are now registered and halfway done through the process. Keep going! Next, is the server application.
California RBS Server Application
- Go to the RBS Portal
- Click the Login Button
- Enter your email and password used to create your account
- Select "Server Application"
- Fill out the server application completely
- Pay the $3.00 registration fee
- "Attest and Submit" the Server Application
- Navigate to "Server Dashboard"
Search for Serving Alcohol’s Training Course from RBS Portal
Ok, you’ve paid the 3 dollar state fee and are ready to look for a certified provider. We got you covered! Search for our certified Serving Alcohol Training course:
- From the "Server Dashboard"
- Go to Training Provider Search on right side of the server dashboard
- Enter Serving Alcohol
- Select "Training Provider Information"
- Click on our California Responsible Beverage Service (RBS) Course
RBS Training Provider Portal
Serving Alcohol California Training Course
Take California RBS Certification Exam
Once you’ve completed Serving Alcohol’s training, you are now ready for California’s alcohol server certification exam. You must complete your course first, or the California ABC will not allow you to take the final exam.
- Log into the RBS Portal with your email and password created previously.
- Go to your Dashboard (top left)
- Click the "Take Exam" button
- Select English or Spanish
- Good luck! The exam is open notes and open book
- 70% is required to pass the exam. You have three attempts and 30 days to take the exam
**Please note: To unlock your RBS Exam on the ABC website, you will need to ensure you are giving the training provider your correct server ID.
There are two ways you can locate your server ID number. The first is through the message center (top right) via the RBS Portal.
To access the message, click on the envelope icon, the message will be titled Enrollment Registration Completed.
The second way you can view your Server ID number is on your "Dashboard"; it will be in the first box with your "Server Details."