On-Premise VS. Off-Premise
It's often asked what is the difference. Simply put, On-Premise refers to those who serve alcohol in an establishment such as a bartender or waiter. Off-Premise refers to those who sell alcohol but not serve it such as a liquor store or gas station.
We make obtaining your official BASSET certificate simple and hassle free. Select your course, click enroll now, complete the course and print your certificate!
Why Choose Serving Alcohol?
- Illinois’ leading official BASSET Server Certificate Provider
- Approved and recommended by the Illinois Liquor Control Commission
- Meets Re-certification Requirements – Every 3 years
- Quick and easy - get your certificate today with no hassles
- Recognized – by major employers, insurance firms and enforcement
- Interactive – you may actually enjoy learning our engaging material
- Live 24×7 Support.
- Advance your tips by responsible alcohol server and learn to serve safe alcohol responsibly today.
Required Training Dates for Alcohol Servers in Illinois Bars & Restaurants
The July 2015 signing of Public Act 99-0046 requires alcohol servers (and those checking ID's for alcohol service) in Illinois on-premise establishments to successfully complete a Beverage Alcohol Sellers/Servers Education & Training (BASSET) class every three years.
Requirements for a BASSET certificate has been extended to many more counties as on July 2017.
View the list from the Illinois Liquor Control Commision.
- Access to online course and exam immediately
- Access printable, temporary certificate immediately
- Unlimited 24×7 free support
- 3-year official certificate mailed (7-10 business days) from the state of Illinois
Official Basset Alcohol Sellers and Servers Education and Training
License Number: 12-5A-0105593
We meet and exceed Illinois state requirements:
- Course is Illinois Liquor Control Commision Official BASSET approved and recommended
– Illinois Liquor Control Commission
- Illinois – City of Chicago
- Course must be approved by City of Chicago and BASSET certified
Re-certification Requirements – Every 3 years
Responsible Agency – Mayor’s Local Liquor Control Commission
42 Years of Alcohol Training Knowledge and Experience
We take great pride in bringing you quality information. We recognize that you are busy and alcohol training maybe not on the forefront of your mind. We aim to give you accurate knowledge and quickly bring you "up to speed" with the most recent laws. Some of our information may seem common knowledge. But, as you do, we take your profession very seriously. Your decisions, while serving alcohol, could make a dramatic difference in another person's life. With a little of your time and our training, we will help you become a safe server with a wider perspective on alcohol server training.
Serving Alcohol Inc provides thee industry leading training and services to Owners, Managers, Bartenders, Waitstaff, and Retail sellers of alcohol. Our training incorporates decades or research directly from our staff because we have "been there" working in the alcohol serving environment. You will learn all the "compliance" material and, as an added bonus, you will learn some hard won industry insights. We work directly with the states that we represent so that your training is current, concise, accurate, and highly approved. With our alcohol certification program, we give you the tools to learn to serve responsibly, a sense of responsibility, and respect for your community and your work environment.
We are very responsive, if you have a problem, please contact us and we will work to resolve it ASAP.
Our interactive, high quality training is easy to get though.
- Complete your alcohol training entirely online in 2 to 4 hours or less on any device
- Free certificate email delivery, immediately upon course completion. Download, print or email your certificate at no extra cost
- Take a break and return where you left off. The system remembers what you completed
- Access to course content for six months
- 100% pass guarantee, you don't pass and we will refund your money
How to Setup a New Account
- Intoxication and alcohol elimination factors
- The effects of blood alcohol content
- Signs of impairment; poly-impairments and club drugs
- Monitor, card, intervene, and document
- Duty of care; drinking is a privilege
- SCAB customer unwanted behavior assessment
- When and why to check ID
- 7 Steps of Checking IDs
- When to intervene
- Intervention methods and techniques
State Alcohol Laws
- Current State laws
- Valid identification procedures and techniques
- Surrounding states IDs