Minnesota Alcohol Seller Server Course
Since 1985, we have alcohol certified tens of thousands of individuals and businesses. This training follows the rules and regulations set by the state of Minnesota Chapter 340A. Liquor regarding the service of alcoholic beverages. This Minnesota Alcohol Seller Server Course is the most recommended and recognized certification and is created using the standards set by the Minnesota Department of Public Safety, Liquor Control Division. Serving Alcohol is the most recommended approved alcohol server training provider as a listed by the Minneapolis City of Lakes. This Minnesota alcohol certification course is for both on-premise and off-premise locations.
In the state of Minnesota, we offer live alcohol and security training for your staff. The seminar is taught by our founder, Bob Pomplun. He has trained tens of thousands of people since 1985. To inquire about live seminar alcohol training for your business, please call 763-843-4295 or send us a message through our Contact Us page.
Advantages to our online course:
- Easily complete at your own pace
- Login and out of course as many times as needed to complete
- Up to 6 months to complete your course
- Only 70% to pass and get your certificate
- Retake final exam until pass if needed FREE
- Immediately download & email your certificate for FREE
This course is created by former bar and restaurant managers, bartenders, and servers. Our training incorporates decades or research directly from our staff because we have "been there" working in the alcohol serving environment. We cover topics in our Minnesota bartender course about how old you need to be to become a bartender and how to get your bartender license. For reference, we have a web page dedicated to some helpful bartender career statistics in the US. For general information on obtaining a bartending license (not specific to any state), see our Ultimate Guide to Getting a Bartending License.
Food Handler Training course
Minnesota Food Handler Card
List Price: $15.00
We recognize that you are busy and alcohol training maybe not on the forefront of your mind. We give you accurate knowledge and quickly bring you "up to speed" with the most recent laws. Some of our information may seem common knowledge. But, as you do, we take your profession very seriously. Your decisions, while serving alcohol, could make a dramatic difference in another person's life. With a little of your time and our training, we will help you become a responsible safe server of alcohol. Select your course, click Enroll Now, complete the course and print your free certificate and wallet card all within a couple of hours.
With over 35 years experience, we give you ultimately everything needed to improve your business' stance with all liability insurance carriers. Most liability insurance carriers for alcohol-serving establishments (restaurants, bars, taverns, and nightclubs) require all employees to hold an alcohol certification. Therefore, they will need your staff will remain current with state rules, regulations, and laws, in regards to the service of alcohol. As a result, more businesses are requiring our server certification as a condition of employment.
Quick and Easy
Our Minnesota Responsible Alcohol On-Premise Server Training Course is simple to enroll in and easy to take. Begin it in one sitting or leave and come back to the course as many times as needed. Select your course, click Enroll Now, complete the course, and print your certificate!
Use Any Computer Tablet or Smartphone
Our Minnesota Responsible Alcohol On-Premise Server Training Course is responsive! Take it on a computer, laptop, tablet, or cellphone; on the go or while you sit at home. Now training can be done on your terms.
Serving Alcohol, Inc. has over 35 years of experience in teaching alcohol awareness, intervention techniques, server duties, carding procedures, and state laws. Our course will teach you:
- How to protect yourself and establishment from liability
- How alcohol affects your customers
- How to recognize the effects of alcohol on your customers
- How to prevent customers from becoming overly intoxicated
- How to intervene when you need to refuse a sale
- How to avoid and deal with disturbances
- How to accurately check IDs and recognize minors with fake IDs
- How to prevent second-party transactions
- How to react with authorities when a problem arises
Minnesota Alcohol Certification
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
To sign in and return to the Minnesota Responsible Alcohol On-Premise Server Training Course from the homepage at www.servingalcohol.com and click the big Sign In button towards the top.
The agency that handles Minnesota liquor licensing and/or bartender licensing rules and regulations in Minnesota is The Minnesota Department of Public Safety, Liquor Control Division. The contact information for The Minnesota Department of Public Safety, Liquor Control Division is listed below. You can contact them to verify that online server certification (bartender license) can be obtained in Minnesota. We have also listed that information where applicable.
The Minnesota Department of Public Safety, Liquor Control Division
Proof of age for purchasing or consuming alcoholic beverages may be established only by one of the following:
- A valid driver’s license issued by Minnesota, another state or Canada and including the photograph and date of birth of the person;
- A valid identification card issued by Minnesota, another state or Canada and including the photograph and date of birth of the person;
- A valid military I.D. issued by the U.S. Dept. of Defense;
- A valid passport issued by the United States or a foreign country
- A MN Tribal card which includes a photo, date of birth and expiration date;
- Valid Instructional Permit (with photo and date of birth).
In a prosecution for a sale to a person under 21, it is a defense to prove by a preponderance of the evidence that the seller reasonably and in good faith relied upon representations of proof of age authorized above in selling or giving alcohol.
Yes. It is ok to bartend or serve alcoholic beverages in the state of Minnesota.
In Minnesota, a DWI, sometimes called “DUI,” is defined as driving, operating, or being in physical control of a motor vehicle while:
- under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- knowingly under the influence of a hazardous substance that affects the body and substantially impairs driving abilities
- having a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of .08% or greater (a “per se” DWI), or
- having any amount of a Schedule I or II drug, except marijuana, in the body (also a per se DWI).
Minnesota Statutes section 340A.801 sets out the state's dram shop law. In Minnesota, a person who has been injured through the actions of an intoxicated individual may seek damages from any licensed alcohol vendor that "illegally sold" alcohol to the intoxicated person. Minnesota courts have interpreted the word "sold" broadly, to include bartered exchanges and alcoholic drinks that were purchased for the intoxicated person by a third party.
We have over 30 plus years of experience and considered the most reputable and recommended training provider with alcohol certification. Our founder, Robert Pomplun, has been actively involved in the hospitality industry as an alcohol certification consultant, instructor, manager, and coordinator. Our alcohol training and certification courses, with Robert's guidance, have benefited tens of thousands of bartenders, servers, managers, owners, and security staff across the nation. Our courses will prepare you and your team with knowledge as the most critical component of responsible alcohol service.
Learn more About Us!
All you need is a smartphone, tablet, computer, Internet connection, and time. That's it!
Compatible Computers and Devices:
- Windows 7, 8, 10 or 11
- Mac OSX or better
- Chromebook OS ver. 80 or better
- Android based tablet or phone (version 7.0 or better)
- iPhone 6 or better (iOS 12 or better)
- iPad 4 or better (iOS 12 or better)
Use These Web Browsers:
- Google Chrome ver. 80 or better
- Mozilla Firefox ver. 80 or better
- Safari 12 or better
- Microsoft Edge version 90 or better
|Do not use these web browsers:
They do not work well with interactive online training courses. If you currently use any of these web browsers, please switch to the native Google Chrome on your Android device or Safari browser on your iPhone or iPad. You will have a much better and quicker user experience.
We highly recommend Google Chrome when taking this course. It's much faster and more efficient with interactive training courses.
Clear the Cache in your Web Browser:
Online interactive learning courses are more demanding of your computer or device than regular websites. We highly recommend clearing your web browser before beginning. The course will react better and quicker. It takes only 30 seconds. Besides, it greatly helps to increase the speed of your browser on the Internet for all websites. Click here to select your device and browser for specific and easy instructions.