State Required For Servers & Bartenders
Server Training Online Montana Bartending License Online
Montana Alcohol Server Training Online
This Montana Alcohol Server Training Online course is approved by the state of Montana Liquor Control Commission and required before selling or serving alcohol within the state. Montana liquor law requires all licensees to ensure any employee who serves or sells alcohol, their immediate supervisor, and the license, must obtain alcohol training from a state alcohol server training approved program (16-4-1005 MCA) by Montana Alcohol Beverage Control Division like this course. Most employers prefer our alcohol server certification for their staff members. Our Montana alcohol server certificate course is also known as the Montana bartending license or Montana Alcohol Seller Server Course.
Do You Need A License To Bartend In Montana
Yes. The state of Montana requires servers and sellers of alcoholic beverages to complete a bartending license certification training from a state-approved training program like this course within 60 days of being hired.
We have over 35 years of experience with alcohol server certification training. This Montana bartending certification course is sanctioned under Montana Code Annotated 2019 TITLE 16. ALCOHOL AND TOBACCO (16-4-1005 MCA).
Advantages to our online course:
- Easily complete at your own pace
- Login and out of course as many times as needed to complete
- Up to 6 months to complete your course
- Only 80% to pass
- Retake final exam until pass if needed FREE
- Immediately download & email your certificate for FREE
Who Should Take Our Montana Alcohol Server Training
- Bar backs
- Servers & Wait Staff
- Restaurant / Bar Supervisors
- Restaurant / Bar Managers & Owners
- Wine & Liquor Store Cashiers
- Grocery Store Cashiers or Clerks
- Store Supervisors, Managers, & Owners
Complete this course and print your certificate free along with a wallet card all within a couple of hours. Our Montana alcohol server certification course gives you with the tools to sell and serve alcohol responsibly. With our course you will not only protect yourself but the establishment where you are serving the alcohol.
Our Montana bartending license is approved for on-premise and off-premise locations.
Food Handler Training course
Montana Food Handler Card
List Price: $15.00
TIPS Certification, ServSafe & Serving Alcohol
It's often asked of us, do you offer tips certification? The answer is, Yes, we do offer Montana responsible alcohol server certification.
It’s important to note that TIPS certification, ServSafe, and Serving Alcohol are not a “type” of training certification. Instead, all three are “brands” of responsible alcohol training recommended by most employers and businesses. Think of how some people will ask for a Kleenex instead of a tissue. Kleenex is a brand of tissue, not a type of tissue.
Employers might tell you to get Montana TIPS certification or ServSafe certification. You can choose which responsible alcohol seller/server training course you want. Just like how you can buy the various brands of tissue at the store. You are not locked into taking any one of these specific training provider's course.
For over 35 years, Serving Alcohol has trained hundreds of thousands of people, their employers and businesses. This course is approved by the MLCC and addresses Montana service of alcohol laws, regulations and rules. Many businesses prefer Serving Alcohol training for their staff members. So, you do have a choice for your alcohol training to accommodate your employer’s request for Montana alcohol server training.
Montana Alcohol Service
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
To sign in and return to the Montana Alcohol Server Training Course, go to our homepage at www.servingalcohol.com and click on the big Sign In button towards the top.
The agency that handles Montana liquor licensing through MT dept revenue Liquor Division or Montana bartender licensing rules and regulations is the Montana Alcoholic Beverage Control Division.
The Montana Alcoholic Beverage Control Division
Telephone: (866) 859-2254
In Montana, you must follow the rules and regulations of the Montana Code Annotated 2019 TITLE 16. ALCOHOL AND TOBACCO and any related penal and vehicle code.
Any form of a government-issued ID can be accepted. Including but not limited to:
- Current state or Canadian driver license or identification card
- Current armed service identification card
- Valid passport or passport card
- Montana tribal identification card
- Montana temporary driver license and identification card
- Montana probationary driver license
No person under 18 years of age may serve or sell intoxicating liquor in a retail intoxicating liquor establishment.
Maybe. It’s up to the judge to determine if the nature of the felony should keep the individual from currently or in the future selling alcohol.
A Montana DUI, driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, can be one of three offenses:
- driving while under the influence (impaired) by drugs or alcohol
- driving with an excessive blood alcohol content (BAC) (.08% or more), and
- driving with excessive THC (the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana) concentration (5 ng/ml or more)
In Montana it is also illegal to drive a boat while under the influence known as a BWI or boating while influenced.
- the consumer was under the legal drinking age and the furnishing person knew that the consumer was underage or did not make a reasonable attempt to determine the consumer's age;
- the consumer was visibly intoxicated; or
- the furnishing person forced or coerced the consumption or told the consumer that the beverage contained no alcohol. Related article: Dramshop: Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, and New Jersey
We have over 30 plus years of experience and considered the most reputable and recommended training provider with alcohol certification. Our founder, Robert Pomplun, has been actively involved in the hospitality industry as an alcohol certification consultant, instructor, manager, and coordinator. Our alcohol training and certification courses, with Robert's guidance, have benefited tens of thousands of bartenders, servers, managers, owners, and security staff across the nation. Our courses will prepare you and your team with knowledge as the most critical component of responsible alcohol service.
Learn more About Us!
All you need is a smartphone, tablet, computer, Internet connection, and time. That's it!
Compatible Computers and Devices:
- Windows 7, 8, 10 or 11
- Mac OSX or better
- Chromebook OS ver. 80 or better
- Android based tablet or phone (version 7.0 or better)
- iPhone 6 or better (iOS 12 or better)
- iPad 4 or better (iOS 12 or better)
Use These Web Browsers:
- Google Chrome ver. 80 or better
- Mozilla Firefox ver. 80 or better
- Safari 12 or better
- Microsoft Edge version 90 or better
|Do not use these web browsers:
They do not work well with interactive online training courses. If you currently use any of these web browsers, please switch to the native Google Chrome on your Android device or Safari browser on your iPhone or iPad. You will have a much better and quicker user experience.
We highly recommend Google Chrome when taking this course. It's much faster and more efficient with interactive training courses.
Clear the Cache in your Web Browser:
Online interactive learning courses are more demanding of your computer or device than regular websites. We highly recommend clearing your web browser before beginning. The course will react better and quicker. It takes only 30 seconds. Besides, it greatly helps to increase the speed of your browser on the Internet for all websites. Click here to select your device and browser for specific and easy instructions.
Click here to select your device, computer, and web browser combination
Our Montana alcohol certification course gives you with the tools to sell and serve alcohol responsibly. Additionally, you will learn:
- The effects of alcohol on your patrons
- Keep customers from becoming intoxicated
- Intervene when you need to refuse a sale
- Prevent intoxicated customers from disturbing others
- Prevent second-party sales
- Protect yourself and the establishment from liability
We cover topics in our Montana bartender license certification about how old you need to be to become a bartender and how to get your MT bartender license. For reference, we have a web page dedicated to some helpful bartender career statistics in the US. For general information on obtaining a bartending license (not specific to any state), see our Ultimate Guide to Getting a Bartending License.
Quick and Easy Course
Our Montana Alcohol Server Training Course is simple to enroll in and easy to take. Begin it in one sitting or leave and come back to the course as many times as needed. Select your course, click Enroll Now, complete the course, and print your certificate.
Use Any Computer Tablet or Smartphone
Our Montana Alcohol Server Training Course is responsive to your computer, laptop, tablet, or cellphone. Take the course on the go or while you sit at home. Now training can be done on your terms.