Seller Server Course
MLCC Approved & Required Alcohol Certification
Michigan Alcohol Seller Server Course
Our Serving Alcohol Michigan alcohol certification course is approved by the MLCC (Michigan Liquor Control Commission) under the LARA Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs. This Serving Alcohol course is referred as the Michigan bartender license or Michigan seller/server permit. Your certificate is available immediately upon successful completion of the approved Michigan alcohol training course. Our alcohol certification course gives you with the tools to sell and serve alcohol responsibly. Additionally, you will learn:
- The effects of alcohol on your patrons
- Keep customers from becoming intoxicated
- Intervene when you need to refuse a sale
- Prevent intoxicated customers from disturbing others
- Properly check IDs and to recognize minors
- Prevent second-party sales
- Protect yourself and the establishment from liability
Go At Your On Pace:
This course takes 3 hours or less depending on the individual. It's easy to begin and complete in one day or take our course at your leisure. Leave the course and come back as many times as needed over the next 6 months. The course will pick up where you had last left it. Getting your Michigan alcohol seller server certificate or Michigan bartender license couldn't be simpler.
Use Any Computer or Device:
Our courses can be completed on any web enabled device (Windows or Mac computer, Android tablet or phones, iPhone or iPad). Your certificate is available to you immediately when completed as an emailed PDF file. Complete it tonight and email to your manager before going to work tomorrow. Select your course, click Enroll Now, complete the course and print your certificate!
Approved by Michigan Liquor Control Commission:
Since 2002, Michigan has required, at a very minimum, a supervisory personnel on each shift and during all hours of alcoholic liquor service to successfully complete an alcohol seller server training program. This is further described in section 906 from LARA Server Training Requirement.
The LARA Server Training Requirement was developed under the MLCC. Michigan Liquor Control Commission was created upon the repeal of Prohibition by the legislature acting in special session in December of 1933. The act creating it empowered the Commission to control all alcoholic beverage traffic within this state. The Commission consists of five members appointed by the Governor. The mission of the Michigan Liquor Control Commission is to make alcoholic beverages available for consumption while protecting the consumer and the general public through regulation of those involved in the sale and distribution of these alcohol beverage products.
Read more about the requirements by clicking here.
Our Training Material
Serving Alcohol has over 43 years of experience in teaching alcohol certification principles and in-depth knowledge. You'll learn alcohol awareness, intervention techniques, server duties, carding procedures, and state laws. All in a simple online alcohol server training course that is easy to understand. If you're a bartender, a waiter / waitress, or server looking to achieve your bartender license, then our course is the one you'll need.
- 100% Online interactive and self-paced training
- Complete in 3 hours or less
- 24/7 Customer Support Center
- Certification is Valid for 3 years
Information you will learn:
- How to protect yourself and establishment from liability
- How alcohol affects your customers
- How to recognize the effects of alcohol on your customers
- How to prevent customers from becoming overly intoxicated
- How to intervene when you need to refuse a sale
- How to prevent and deal with disturbances
- How to accurately check IDs and recognize minors with fake IDs
- How to prevent second-party sales
- How to react with authorities when a problem arises
Get a FREE certificate
FREE wallet sized card!