Georgia Alcohol Seller Server Course
Our Georgia alcohol server certificate course certifies us to sell and serve alcoholic beverages responsibly. Our Serving Alcohol Georgia Responsible Alcohol Server Course certificate is simple and hassle-free. This Serving Alcohol course is often referred to as the Georgia bartender license or Georgia seller/server permit.
Since 1985, we have alcohol certified tens of thousands of individuals and businesses over the last 35 plus years. This course is created by former bar and restaurant managers, bartenders, and servers. Our training incorporates decades of research. Over the decades, we have worked diligently with the state department and liability lawyers to create the most reputable and recommended alcohol certification training.
We cover topics in our Georgia bartender course about how old you need to be to become a bartender and how to get your bartender license. For reference, we have a web page dedicated to some helpful bartender career statistics in the US.
Advantages of our online course:
- Easily complete at your own pace
- Login and out of course as many times as needed to complete
- Up to 6 months to complete your course
- Only 70% to pass and get your certificate
- Retake final exam until pass if needed FREE
- Immediately download & email your certificate for FREE
You will learn how to be a responsible server and seller of alcohol. Knowing how alcohol affects the body and how to recognize the effects of alcohol with your customers is key as knowing how to intervene when a customer has had too much. Knowing how to accurately check IDs and recognize minors and how to use them is taught within this course. Overall, you will know how to protect yourself and the establishment from liability.
Easily Complete It Today
This course takes 3 hours or less depending on the individual. It's easy to begin and complete in one sitting or take our training course at your leisure. Leave and come back to the course as many times as needed. When you return, the training will pick up where you last left.
Use Any Computer Tablet or Smartphone
Our courses can be completed on any computer, laptop, tablet, or cellphone. Your certificate is available to you immediately upon completion as an emailed PDF file. Complete it tonight and email it to your manager before going to work tomorrow. Select your course, click Enroll Now, complete the course, and print your certificate.
Required By Most Insurance Carriers
Most liability insurance carriers for alcohol serving establishments (restaurants, bars, taverns, nightclubs, etc.) require all employees to be alcohol certified. They will require your staff to remain current with state rules, regulations, and laws, in regard to the service of alcohol. As a result, more businesses are requiring our alcohol server certificate as a condition of employment.
Our alcohol seller server certification course gives you the tools to sell and serve alcohol responsibly. Additionally, you will learn:
- The effects of alcohol on your patrons
- Keep customers from becoming overly intoxicated
- Intervene when you need to refuse a sale
- Prevent intoxicated customers from disturbing others
- Properly check IDs and recognize minors
- Prevent second-party sales
- Protect yourself and the establishment from liability
Georgia Alcohol Service
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
The Georgia alcohol certification is valid for 3 years from the issue date.
- The minimum age to serve alcohol in Georgia is 18 years old or older except for catered event, you must be 21 years old.
- The minimum age to sell alcohol in Georgia is 18 years old. The age that a person can sell beer and wine by the package is not regulated by the state, provided that the person is working in a convenience store, grocery store, or other type of store that sells other types of non-alcohol related items. No one can sell alcohol in a "package" store unless they are at least 18 years old. Local ordinances can raise the minimum age for pouring and serving alcohol.
No. It is not mandatory to be Georgia alcohol certified for most counties. It is important to note that most employers will require bartenders to complete a Georgia alcohol certification for their liability insurance carrier regardless of state or city laws.
Yes. The state does not prohibit felons from being servers but you cannot be a licensee, owner, officer or manager.
Blood alcohol content or BAC for a DUI is .08% or more while being in physical control of a vehicle.
Georgia Code section 51-1-40 allows an injured person to hold a seller of alcohol (such as a bar, restaurant, or liquor store) liable if the establishment:
- "willfully, knowingly, and unlawfully" serves alcohol to a minor under age 21, or
- "knowingly" serves alcohol to a person who is "noticeably intoxicated," and
- the establishment knows that the minor or intoxicated person will soon be driving a motor vehicle.
The State of Georgia does not have state-wide Happy Hour Prohibitions. Such laws may exist in your city or county. Check with your local jurisdiction for any restrictions.
- The bar closing time is 2 a.m.
- Georgia lacks a statewide law for closing time, but most counties require bars to close at 2 a.m., though Atlanta bars close at 2:30 a.m.
To re-print your Georgia certificate or wallet sized card, go to our Certificate Search section here: Certificate Search and Wallet Card
- A valid current driver's license or photo ID card.
- State-Issued ID Card.
- A valid Armed Forces ID;
- A valid U.S. passport containing the holder's photograph.
State of Georgia
Georgia Department of Revenue
Alcohol and Tobacco Division
1800 Century Center Blvd, N.E., Room 4235
Atlanta, Georgia 30345-3205
We have over 30 plus years of experience and consider the most reputable and recommended training provider in the service of alcohol certification. Our founder, Robert Pomplun, has been involved in the hospitality industry as an alcohol certification consultant, instructor, manager, and coordinator. Our alcohol training and certification courses with Robert's guidance have benefited tens of thousands of bartenders, servers, managers, owners, and security staff across the nation. Our courses will prepare you and your team with knowledge as the most critical component of responsible alcohol service.
Learn more About Us!
All you need is a smartphone, tablet, computer, Internet connection, and time. That's it!
Compatible Computers and Devices:
- Windows 7, 8, 10 or 11
- Mac OSX or better
- Chromebook OS ver. 90 or better
- Android-based tablet or phone (version 7.0 or better)
- iPhone 6 or better (iOS 12 or better)
- iPad 4 or better (iOS 12 or better)
Use These Web Browsers:
- Google Chrome ver. 90 or better
- Mozilla Firefox ver. 90 or better
- Safari 12 or better
- Microsoft Edge version 90 or better
|Do not use these web browsers:
They do not work well with interactive online training courses. If you currently use any of these web browsers, please switch to the native Google Chrome on your Android device or Safari browser on your iPhone or iPad. You will have a much better and quicker user experience.
We highly recommend Google Chrome when taking this course. It's much faster and more efficient with interactive training courses.
Clear the Cache in your Web Browser:
Online interactive learning courses are more demanding of your computer or device than regular websites. We highly recommend clearing your web browser before beginning. The course will react better and quicker. It takes only 30 seconds. Besides, it greatly helps to increase the speed of your browser on the Internet for all websites. Click here to select your device and browser for specific and easy instructions.
Most Recommended Alcohol Certification Training
We recognize that you are busy and alcohol training may not be at the forefront of your mind. We aim to give you accurate knowledge and quickly bring you "up to speed" with the most recent laws. Some of our information may seem common knowledge. But, as you do, we take your profession very seriously. Your decisions, while serving alcohol, could make a dramatic difference in another person's life. With a little of your time and our training, we will help you become a safer alcohol seller or server and possibly increase your tips. A free certificate and wallet card given immediately after completion.
You will learn all the "compliance" material and, as an added bonus, you will learn some hard-won industry insights. We work directly with the states that we represent so that your training is current, concise, accurate, and highly approved. With our alcohol certification program, we give you the tools to learn to serve responsibly, a sense of responsibility, and respect for your community and your work environment.
Serving Alcohol has over 35 years of experience teaching alcohol certification principles and in-depth knowledge. You'll learn alcohol awareness training, intervention techniques, server duties, carding procedures, and state laws. All in a simple online alcohol server training course that is easy to understand and comprehend. If you're a bartender, waiter/waitress, server, or manager looking to achieve your bartending license or server permit today, this is the course you need.
- Online interactive and self-paced training
- 100% Pass Guarantee or your money back
- 24/7 Customer Support Center
Who Should Take our Alcohol Certification
- Servers & Wait Staff
- Restaurant / Bar Supervisors
- Restaurant / Bar Managers & Owners
- Wine & Liquor Store Cashiers
- Grocery Store Cashiers or Clerks
- Store Supervisors, Managers, & Owners
You Will Learn How To:
- Protect yourself and the business establishment from liability
- Recognize the effects of alcohol on the customers served
- Prevent customers from becoming overly intoxicated
- Intervene effectively and courteously when it is needed to refuse a sale or service
- Prevent and deal with disturbances inside your business establishment
- Accurately check IDs and recognize minors with fake IDs
- Prevent second-party sales
- React with authorities if or when a problem might arise