Authorized and Approved by the
New York State Liquor Authority (NYSLA)
Our special priced New York ATAP certification course is authorized and approved by the New York State Liquor Authority (NYSLA). By taking our New York ATAP certification, you are authorized by the state as a New York responsible alcohol seller server by a 35 plus years experienced training provider with a discount. New York ATAP is an acronym for Alcohol Training Awareness Program (ATAP). See us listed as approved on the NYSLA website under Serving Alcohol, Inc.: https://sla.ny.gov/certified-atap-schools
Advantages to our online course:
- Easily complete at your own pace
- Login and out of course as many times as needed to complete
- Up to 6 months to complete your course
- Only 70% to pass and get your certificate
- Retake final exam until pass if needed FREE
- Immediately download & email your certificate for FREE
Our New York alcohol certification does have benefits to you. The New York State Liquor Authority (NYSLA) will consider attaining our certification as a mitigating factor if, at the time of violation, you had committed a service of alcohol violation. If you are a business owner licensee, this course serves as a certified alcohol training awareness program and you diligently implemented and complied with the NYSLA training program. This course is often referred to as New York alcoholic beverage certification or New York alcohol server/seller permit. We cover topics in our New York bartender course about how old you need to be to become a bartender and how to get your NY bartender license. For reference, we have a web page dedicated to some helpful bartender career statistics in the US. For general information on obtaining a bartending license (not specific to any state), see our Ultimate Guide to Getting a Bartending License.
Food Handler Training course
New York Food Handlers Card
List Price: $15.00
New York ATAP Alcohol Service
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
The New York ATAP alcohol certification is valid for 3 years from the issue date.
- 18- Note: Barbacks/busboys must be 16 years of age in an on-premise
establishment and directly supervised by an employee 21 years or older.
- 18 - Minimum age to be able to serve alcohol in New York.
- 18 - Minimum age to sell alcohol in a liquor or convenience store.
No. It is not mandatory to be New York alcohol certified. Responsible alcohol training is required by most employers for their liability insurance carrier regardless of state or city laws.
Yes, with restrictions. If a felon will be working at any location other than a restaurant (bar, club, tavern, etc.) a Certificate of Relief is needed for their felony charge and each misdemeanor. If a felon will be working at a premises that is filed and operating as a restaurant with the SLA, they do not need a Certificate of Relief, despite their felony and/or misdemeanor.
Blood alcohol content or BAC for a DUI is .08% or more while being in physical control of a vehicle.
Licensees and servers can be held liable for selling to minors or visibly intoxicated guests.
Section 11-100 covers liability when the intoxicated person is a minor, while Section 11-101 covers liability when a vendor or individual provides alcohol to an intoxicated person illegally. In these situations, an injured person may bring a claim against the party who provided the alcohol if:
- the vendor or host "knowingly" caused intoxication or impairment by "unlawfully" providing alcohol (11-101), or
- the vendor or host knowingly caused intoxication or impairment by unlawfully providing alcohol to someone they knew or had reason to believe was under age 21 (11-100).
No promotion may require proof of purchase of an alcohol beverage. All drinks must be served to the customer. Bottle sales, except for wines and champagnes, are prohibited. The law allows a licensee to offer a food and drink combination for a special price.
On Premise Establishment: Monday thru Saturday: 8:00 a.m. until Midnight. Sundays: Sales prohibited between 4:00 a.m. until Noon
Off Premise/Retail Stores: Monday thru Saturday: 8:00 a.m. until Midnight. Grocery Stores: 24 hours. Sunday: Sales prohibited in liquor, grocery and drug stores between 3:00 a.m. until Noon
Note: May vary- refer to local jurisdiction chart at https://sla.ny.gov/county-closing-hours.
To re-print your New York certificate or wallet sized card, go to our Certificate Search section here: Certificate Search and Wallet Card
- A valid driver’s license or non-driver identification card issued by the Commissioner of Motor Vehicles, the Federal Government, a State Government, Commonwealth, Possession or Territory of the United States or a Provincial Government of Canada: or
- a valid U.S. passport
- valid passport from any other country
- a valid military ID from the U.S.
State of New York
State Liquor Authority
84 Holland Avenue
Albany, New York 12208
General Internet Site: www.abc.state.ny.us
We have over 30 plus years of experience and consider the most reputable and recommended training provider in the service of alcohol certification. Our founder, Robert Pomplun, has been involved in the hospitality industry as an alcohol certification consultant, instructor, manager, and coordinator. Our alcohol training and certification courses with Robert's guidance have benefited tens of thousands of bartenders, servers, managers, owners, and security staff across the nation. Our courses will prepare you and your team with knowledge as the most critical component of responsible alcohol service.
Learn more About Us!
All you need is a smartphone, tablet, computer, Internet connection, and time. That's it!
Compatible Computers and Devices:
- Windows 7, 8, 10 or 11
- Mac OSX or better
- Chromebook OS ver. 80 or better
- Android based tablet or phone (version 7.0 or better)
- iPhone 6 or better (iOS 12 or better)
- iPad 4 or better (iOS 12 or better)
Use These Web Browsers:
- Google Chrome ver. 80 or better
- Mozilla Firefox ver. 80 or better
- Safari 12 or better
- Microsoft Edge version 90 or better
|Do not use these web browsers:
They do not work well with interactive online training courses. If you currently use any of these web browsers, please switch to the native Google Chrome on your Android device or Safari browser on your iPhone or iPad. You will have a much better and quicker user experience.
We highly recommend Google Chrome when taking this course. It's much faster and more efficient with interactive training courses.
Clear the Cache in your Web Browser:
Online interactive learning courses are more demanding of your computer or device than regular websites. We highly recommend clearing your web browser before beginning. The course will react better and quicker. It takes only 30 seconds. Besides, it greatly helps to increase the speed of your browser on the Internet for all websites. Click here to select your device and browser for specific and easy instructions.
Serving Alcohol is the most reputable and state recognized authorized certified New York ATAP training provider. Most businesses are now requiring employees serving or selling alcohol to be certified by our New York Liquor Authority state authorized course.
- NYSLA-Approved Course Provider (Albany AT 0014)
- No Timers
- Take anywhere, anytime, & on any computer, tablet, iOS, or Android device.
- Download and Print Your Certificate Instantly for FREE.
This New York alcohol course gives you with the tools to sell and serve alcohol responsibly. With our course, you will not only protect yourself but the establishment where you are serving the alcohol.
Since 1985, we have alcohol certified tens of thousands of individuals and businesses over the last 35 years. Serving Alcohol was founded by former bar and restaurant managers, bartenders, and servers. Our training incorporates decades of research. Over the decades, we have worked diligently with the state department and liability lawyers to create the most reputable and recommended alcohol certification training.
We recognize that you are busy and alcohol training maybe not on the forefront of your mind. We aim to give you accurate knowledge and quickly bring you "up to speed" with the most recent laws. Some of our information may seem common knowledge. But, as you do, we take your profession very seriously. Your decisions, while serving alcohol, could make a dramatic difference in another person's life. With a little of your time and our training, we will help you become a safer alcohol seller or server and increase your tips. Select your course, click Enroll Now, complete the course and print your free certificate and wallet card all within a couple of hours.
Quick & Easy
This course takes only 2 hours or less depending on the individual. It's easy to begin and complete in one sitting or take our training course at your leisure. Leave and come back to the course as many times as needed. When you return, the training will pick up where you last had left.
Use Any Cell Phone, Tablet, or Computer
Our courses can be completed on any computer, tablet, or cellphone. Your certificate is available to you immediately upon completion as an emailed PDF file. Complete it tonight and email to your manager before going to work tomorrow. Select your course, click Enroll Now, complete the course and print your certificate. Upon successful completion of the NY alcohol awareness course, you will be able to print a certificate immediately. Your certification is valid by the state of New York for 3 years.
Required By Most Insurance Carriers
Most liability insurance carriers for alcohol serving establishments (restaurants, bars, taverns, night clubs, etc.) require all employees to be alcohol certified. They will require your staff remain current with state rules, regulations, and laws, in regards to the service of alcohol. As a result, more businesses are requiring our alcohol training certificate as a condition of employment.
- NYSLA-Approved Course
- Fastest way to get your NY Alcohol Seller/Server license
- Highly recognized by bars, restaurants, liquor stores, and insurance carriers
Additionally, you will learn:
- The effects of alcohol on your patrons
- Keep customers from becoming intoxicated
- Intervene when you need to refuse a sale
- Prevent intoxicated customers from disturbing others
- Properly check IDs and to recognize minors
- Prevent second-party sales
- Protect yourself and the establishment from liability
Most Recommended Alcohol Certification Training
We recognize that you are busy and alcohol training may not be on the forefront of your mind. We aim to give you accurate knowledge and quickly bring you "up to speed" with the most recent laws. Some of our information may seem common knowledge. But, as you do, we take your profession very seriously. Your decisions, while serving alcohol, could make a dramatic difference in another person's life. With a little of your time and our training, we will help you become a safer alcohol seller or server and possibly increase your tips. Free certificate and wallet card given immediately after completion.
You will learn all the "compliance" material and, as an added bonus, you will learn some hard won industry insights. We work directly with the states that we represent so that your training is current, concise, accurate, and highly approved. With our alcohol certification program, we give you the tools to learn to serve responsibly, a sense of responsibility, and respect for your community and your work environment.
Serving Alcohol has over 35 years of experience with teaching alcohol certification principles and in-depth knowledge. You'll learn alcohol awareness training, intervention techniques, server duties, carding procedures, and state laws. All in a simple online alcohol server training course that is easy to understand and comprehend. If you're a bartender, a waiter / waitress, server or manager looking to achieve your bartending license or server permit today, this is the course you need.
- Online interactive and self-paced training
- 100% Pass Guarantee or your money back
- 24/7 Customer Support Center
Who Should Take our Alcohol Certification
- Bar backs
- Servers & Wait Staff
- Restaurant / Bar Supervisors
- Restaurant / Bar Managers & Owners
- Wine & Liquor Store Cashiers
- Grocery Store Cashiers or Clerks
- Store Supervisors, Managers, & Owners
You Will Learn How To:
- Protect yourself and the business establishment from liability
- Recognize the effects of alcohol on the customers served
- Prevent customers from becoming overly intoxicated
- Intervene effectively and courteously when it is needed to refuse a sale or service
- Prevent and deal with disturbances inside your business establishment
- Accurately check IDs and recognize minors with fake IDs
- Prevent second-party sales
- React with authorities if or when a problem might arise