Illinois BASSET Certificate
Start and complete today your Illinois BASSET certificate course It's approved and required by the Illinois Liquor Control Commission. Consequently, it is required for servers of alcohol in restaurants, bars, nightclubs, and special events as well as off-premise convenience and liquor stores. We have over 30 years experience in alcohol certification training. Without question, we are the most reputable and experienced professionals in the business. Many professionals often refer to this course as the Illinois BASSET bartender license or Illinois BASSET seller/server permit. It couldn't be quicker or easier to get your official Basset certificate within a single day.
Our alcohol certification course gives you the tools to sell and serve alcohol responsibly. Additionally, you will learn:
- The effects of alcohol on your patrons
- Keep customers from becoming intoxicated
- Intervene when you need to refuse a sale
- Prevent intoxicated customers from disturbing others
- Properly check IDs and to recognize minors
- Prevent second-party sales
- Protect yourself and the establishment from liability
Our Serving Alcohol Inc. Illinois BASSET License number is #5A-0105593.
The Beverage Alcohol Sellers and Servers Education and Training (BASSET) program is the state of Illinois' seller/server training program.
Robert Pomplun from Serving Alcohol Inc.
Representatives from colleges throughout Illinois attended the Illinois Liquor Control Commission’s (ILCC) 9th Annual College Town Summit, held on November 9, 2017 at Western Illinois University. Presentations focused on timely topics pertaining to alcohol-related issues on college campuses.
Robert Pomplun from Serving Alcohol Inc. is one of our speakers this year. As an industry expert, Robert Pomplun conducts a break out session concerning the alcohol server training for the state of Illinois Basset alcohol course.
Topics included: Neurological effects of alcohol, binge drinking,
sexual assault, prevention and recovery on college campuses.
For the second year in a row, the summit included a student
panel and expo. The ILCC would like to thank the staff at Western Illinois
University for hosting the event.
Quick & Easy Basset Card
This course takes only a few hours or less depending on the individual. It's easy to begin and complete in one sitting or take our training course at your leisure. Leave and come back to the course as many times as needed. When you return, the training will pick up where you last had left.
Use Any Computer or Cell Phone
Our courses can be completed on any computer, laptop, tablet, or cellphone. Your certificate is available to you immediately upon completion as an emailed PDF file. Complete it tonight and email to your manager before going to work tomorrow. Select your course, click Enroll Now, complete the course and print your certificate!
Required By State & Insurance Carriers
Most liability insurance carriers for alcohol serving establishments (restaurants, bars, taverns, night clubs, etc.) require all employees to be alcohol certified. They will require your staff remain current with state rules, regulations, and laws, in regards to the service of alcohol. As a result, more businesses are requiring our alcohol seller server certificate as a condition of employment.
Is Illinois Basset certificate training mandatory?
It's often asked "What's the difference between On-Premise and Off-Premise course?". Simply put, On-Premise refers to those who sell AND serve alcohol such as a bartender or waiter in a restaurant, bar, tavern, or nightclub. Off-Premise refers to those who only sell the alcohol and don't serve as in a liquor store, convenience store, or gas station.
Our Training Material
Serving Alcohol has over 34 years of experience in teaching alcohol certification principles and in-depth knowledge. You'll learn alcohol awareness, intervention techniques, server duties, carding procedures, and state laws. All in a simple online alcohol server training course that is easy to understand. If you're a bartender, a waiter / waitress, or server looking to achieve your bartender license, then our course is the one you'll need.
- 100% Online interactive and self-paced training
- 24/7 Customer support center
- Certification is Valid for 3 years
Information you will learn:
- How to protect yourself and establishment from liability
- How alcohol affects your customers
- How to recognize the effects of alcohol on your customers
- How to prevent customers from becoming overly intoxicated
- How to intervene when you need to refuse a sale
- How to prevent and deal with disturbances
- How to accurately check IDs and recognize minors with fake IDs
- How to prevent second-party sales
- How to react with authorities when a problem arises
- Access to online course and exam immediately
- Access printable, temporary certificate immediately
- Unlimited 24×7 free support
- 3-year official certificate mailed (7-10 business days) from the state of Illinois
Official Basset Certificate Alcohol Sellers and Servers Education and Training
License Number: 12-5A-0105593
We meet and exceed Illinois state requirements:
- Course is Illinois Liquor Control Commision Official BASSET approved and recommended
– Illinois Liquor Control Commission
- Illinois – City of Chicago
- Course must be approved by City of Chicago and BASSET certified
Re-certification Requirements – Every 3 years
Responsible Agency – Mayor’s Local Liquor Control Commission