Approved by Montana Department of Revenue
This is the required Montana alcohol server seller training course from Montana Alcohol Beverage Control Division. Our Serving Alcohol Montana alcohol course is required before selling or serving alcohol in the state of Montana. The law requires all licensees ensure any employee who serves or sells alcohol, their immediate supervisor and the license, if they serve or sell, obtain training from a state alcohol approved program (16-4-1005 MCA) from Serving Alcohol.
Our Montana alcohol certification course gives you with the tools to sell and serve alcohol responsibly. Additionally, you will learn:
- The effects of alcohol on your patrons
- Keep customers from becoming intoxicated
- Intervene when you need to refuse a sale
- Prevent intoxicated customers from disturbing others
- Properly check IDs and to recognize minors
- Prevent second-party sales
- Protect yourself and the establishment from liability
Easily Complete It Today
This course takes 4 hours or less depending on the individual. It's easy to begin and complete in one sitting or take our training course at your leisure. Leave and come back to the course as many times as needed. When you return, the training will pick up where you last had left.
Use Any Device
Our courses can be completed on any computer, laptop, tablet, or cellphone. Your certificate is available to you immediately upon completion as an emailed PDF file. Complete it tonight and email to your manager before going to work tomorrow. Select your course, click Enroll Now, complete the course and print your certificate!
Required By State & Insurance Carriers
Many liability insurance carriers for alcohol serving establishments require the entire staff should be alcohol certified. Your staff should remain current with state rules, regulations, and laws, in regards to the service of alcohol. More businesses are requiring our alcohol seller/server certificate as a condition of employment.
16-4-1005. Licensees required to ensure training. A licensee shall:
(1) require each employee who is authorized to sell or serve alcoholic beverages in the normal course of employment and the employee's immediate supervisor to successfully complete training to ensure compliance with state law regarding the sale and service of alcoholic beverages. The training must be completed within 60 days of the employee's date of hire and every 3 years after the employee's initial training.
(2) maintain employment records verifying employee completion of the training required in subsection (1).
History: En. Sec. 5, Ch. 412, L. 2011.
Our Training Material
Serving Alcohol has over 30 years of experience in teaching alcohol certification principles and in-depth knowledge. You'll learn alcohol awareness, intervention techniques, server duties, carding procedures, and state laws. All in a simple online alcohol server training course that is easy to understand. If you're a bartender, a waiter / waitress, or server looking to achieve your bartender license, then our course is the one you'll need.
- 100% Online interactive and self-paced training
- Easily complete it within the day
- 24/7 Customer Support Center
- Certification is Valid for 3 years
Information you will learn:
- How to protect yourself and establishment from liability
- How alcohol affects your customers
- How to recognize the effects of alcohol on your customers
- How to prevent customers from becoming overly intoxicated
- How to intervene when you need to refuse a sale
- How to prevent and deal with disturbances
- How to accurately check IDs and recognize minors with fake IDs
- How to prevent second-party sales
- How to react with authorities when a problem arises